Severe weather continues to disrupt travel and transport services across the UK. Giles Travel has already implemented internal response procedures to ensure the disruption has as little effect on our own service levels as possible. However, our response rates may be slightly longer than our usual level of service. We will continue to update the website and twitter feed as necessary.
- Glasgow Airport: The airport says it is working towards reopening on Friday, but there will be delays and cancellations
- Edinburgh Airport: It says it will be open for those airlines that wish to operate. Passengers should check before travelling
- Dublin Airport: All flights have been suspended until Saturday
- Cardiff Airport: Some flights are cancelled
- East Midlands Airport: It has warned passengers of cancellations and delays
- Leeds Bradford: The airport was closed overnight but is hoping to open Friday morning
- Heathrow Airport: The airport advises passengers to check before travelling
- Gatwick Airport: There are delays and cancellations
- City Airport: Multiple cancellations and delays are expected at the airport
- Virgin Trains are not running any services north of Newcastle on Friday, with their route between Carlisle and Scotland – affecting the London to Glasgow and London to Edinburgh routes – closed with no replacement buses running. Passengers on east coast routes are urged not to travel until Saturday
- Arriva Trains Wales has suspended some services all day on Friday. Some routes are are running on a reduced timetable.
- Great Western Railway said it was running an “extremely limited service” and advised against travel
- Heathrow Express services between London Paddington and Heathrow Airport are running less frequently
- East Midlands Trains are unable to run any trains between Nottingham and Skegness
- There are numerous delays and cancellations on the Northern network
- ScotRail will not run any trains in the amber warning area during the Friday morning peak
- No CrossCountry services will run in Scotland on Friday. There will also be no trains running north of Newcastle until 16:00.