Join a winning team…
We know it’s a cliché, but it’s our people that stand us out from the competition. Our clients know that a Giles person wants to do everything they can to make their travel management and their business better. Does that sound like you?
Hard to Please
We take our recruitment extremely seriously… and, to be honest, we’re a little picky. We only employ the best; not only in terms of experience and skill set but individuals with the charisma and personality to make a mark both internally and with our clients.
If you can show tangible added value even in the most stressful of circumstances, have a genuine passion for business travel and want to be part of a dynamic, award winning team then we’d like to hear from you.
Please use the Quick Contact form on the right to contact our HR Department or send us your CV via email. If you think you’re right for us then we’d love to hear from you. Alternatively, check out our current vacancies, as listed below, and submit your application in accordance with role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Business Travel Consultant
At Giles Travel we recognise that we’re not just there to secure the best fares, the most innovative itineraries, the slickest online tools or the most experienced consultants. We’re there as an extension of our clients’ own organisations – their out of house travel department.
We achieve this because of the depths we go to in understanding our clients, their culture, their brand values and business objectives. Only then can we deliver on a higher level with our trademark emphasis on the personal touch. Only then can we really get to work on delivering remarkable savings on policy, time and cost.
Giles Travel is characterised by personalisation and exceptional service delivery to their clients and has an entrepreneurial approach with a desire to be the best independent travel management company in the industry.
Privately owned, the company was born with an appreciation of independence and the ability to offer the client choice without compromise. David Giles (Chairman) and Mandy Giles (Managing Director) have spent their working lives in travel and founded Giles Travel in 2000 after having successfully owned and directed a leading independent travel management company for 20 years prior to its acquisition. Now, together with their exceptional team, they apply their knowledge and experience to their business today, making it a very strong contender in the travel management arena.
Working as part of a dynamic and fast paced team our Business Travel Consultants provide a full travel solution to our customers. Our BT consultants need to multi-task and prioritise, acting as travel brokers not simply order takers, in order to recognise all opportunities for Giles Travel and our clients.
To meet and exceed Giles Travel’s company targets through exceptional service delivery to our growing customer base.
The role reports to: Beverley Clark – Operations Director
- Consistently manages and books a variety of different travel services
- Communicates in a professional way, sounding confident and knowledgeable in all forms of communication
- Builds rapport and trust with clients and colleagues
- Ensure all services are recorded and invoiced within company guidelines
- Demonstrate fare knowledge expertise
- Books ancillary services through a range of booking tools used in line with company standards
- Ensure booking of all services, focusing on revenue via company preferred suppliers
- Identifies and maximises revenue for the Giles Group
- Experience of working for a Travel Management Company on range of corporate accounts
- GDS (Sabre experience preferred)
- Confidence in booking air, hotel, and ancillary services on a range of booking tools used in line with company standards
- Excellent Fare knowledge
- Ticketing expertise
- Confidence in ticket reissues, exchanges and refunds
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Remain calm under pressure
- Uses initiative